The Water Loss Technical Assistance Program (Water Loss TAP) for the 2017 submittal cycle is now closed. Validated water loss audits for the 2018 submittal cycle are due to DWR by October 1st, 2018. Options for obtaining water loss audit validations in the 2018 submittal cycle are as follows:
1. Water Audit Validator Certificate program. Contact CA-NV AWWA to learn more.
2. Validation services may be hired via a qualified validator.
Per California's Validated Water Loss Audit Reporting Regulations (Title 23, Division 2, Chapter 7 Water Loss Audits and Water Loss Control Reporting):
§ 638.4. Technical Qualifications for a Water Audit Validator.
(1) A contractor working in the CA-NV AWWA Water Loss Technical Assistance Program (“Water Loss TAP”) performing water loss audit training and conducting audit validations,
Water Systems Optimization (WSO)
(2) An individual who can demonstrate having conducted water loss audits in accordance with the method specified in Section 638.2, and having conducted a minimum of 10 Level 1 audit validations in accordance with the Water Research Foundation Level 1 Water Audit Validation: Guidance Manual 4639A (Water Audit Validation)
Consulting Firms which may have these individuals:
CH2M (Now Jacobs)
Kunkel Water Efficiency Consulting
(3) An individual certified by the CA-NV AWWA as a water audit validator